Each year, AWC/PS offers two $1000 scholarships to two women enrolled in an Information Technology program in a Puget Sound area college. In addition, a one-year membership to AWC/PS is also included for both recipients.
The AWC/PS Board of Directors selects the scholarship recipient based on academic performance and merit.
1. Currently a full-time student and re-enrolling for the summer or fall
2013 quarters. A full-time student is defined as taking 12 credits or more per quarter as an undergraduate; or taking six or more credits per quarter as a graduate student.
2. Enrolled in a computer-related degree program. Presently completing or already completed 15 credits in the program.
3. Current grade point average of 3.0 or above.
4. The application must be postmarked by June 5th, 2013, or can be eMailed to Scholarship@awcps.org by the same day.
5. The recipient must attend the AWC dinner meeting on June 19th 2013 to receive the scholarship.
History of the Scholarship
Donnafaye Carroll was a co-founder of the Puget Sound Chapter of the Association for Women in Computing. These awards are offered in memory of her work to help women further their education in computing.
The Association of Women in Computing in Puget Sound Scholarship Application