Each year, AWC/PS offers two $1000 scholarships to two women pursuing a computing related degree in a Puget Sound area college. In addition, a one-year membership to AWC/PS is also included for both recipients. The AWC/PS Board of Directors selects the scholarship recipient based on academic performance and merit.
History of the Scholarship
Donnafaye Carroll was a co-founder of the Puget Sound Chapter of the Association for Women in Computing. These awards are offered in memory of her work to help women further their education in computing.
- Must be currently enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student. A full-time undergraduate student is traditionally defined as taking 12 credits or more per quarter/semester. A graduate student is traditionally defined as taking six or more credits per quarter/semester.
- Undergraduate student pursuing an:
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Graduate student pursuing a:
- Master's degree
- PhD degree
- Must be enrolled in a computer-related or information technology-related degree program on April 15, 2015. Students must be presently completing or already have completed 15 credits in their program.
- Here are some examples:
- Information Systems & Technology
- Networking & Computing Systems
- Computer Science
- Engineering Technology
- Computer Technology
- Software Development
- Maintain a current grade point average of 3.0 or above if on a 4.0 grade point system.
- The deadline for the receipt of the application form and the transcripts is March 31, 2015, 11:59 PM (PDT).
- Scholarships will be awarded: April 15th, 2015.
NOTE: The recipient must attend the AWC dinner meeting on April 15, 2015 to receive the scholarship.
- To apply for an AWC scholarship, complete the application form.
- Once your form is complete, you will receive instructions on how to submit your college transcript (unofficial acceptable) and any other supporting documentation.
- Only applicants who have completed the form and submitted their college transcripts will be eligible for the scholarship.