Networking can lead to career advancement and contribute to your personal and professional development. Your network is the most reliable resource for you to learn about new or different opportunities.
- Are you currently considering a career change? Think you know what you want to do, but aren’t sure how to get there or if it is right for you?
- Do you attend events, only to wind up standing in the back of the room because you don’t know what to say?
- Have you exhausted conventional means of finding employment and found them to be unproductive?
- Do you think your shyness is getting in the way of your personal or professional development?
Sherri will share strategies for:
- Speaking with new contacts at events and meetings
- Getting the real scoop on a new industry or new line of work
- Identifying resources
- Pursuing leads
Sherri Edwards, Resource Maximizer
Sherri Edwards is a Consultant, Motivational Speaker and Trainer, with more than 25 years of experience working with small-medium size businesses, non-profit organizations and public agencies.
Sherri has led Resource Maximizer since 1997, empowering individuals to find rewarding work, and businesses to build better workplaces. She offers outplacement and coaching services for individuals pursuing a career change, by design or through downsizing, merger, or returning from an extended absence from the workplace. Her clients learn how to identify their workplace demand and value, and how to market themselves effectively to obtain the type of work that fuels their passions and allows them to live their dreams.
Sherri also offers training and outplacement services to businesses and organizations. Her training classes cover topics such as: Managing Multiple Commitments, Goal Setting, Effective Communication and Conflict Resolution.
Sherri’s effectiveness can be attributed to her comprehensive understanding of the nuances of the job market and workplace from both the candidate/employee and employer perspectives. With that knowledge, she acts as a bridge-builder over the hectic waters that separate the two.
Sherri’s wisdom is sought after by many. She has appeared on television and radio, has been quoted or published in newspapers nationwide and through several online media channels. She has also presented at job fairs and conventions delivering her knowledge and motivating attendees for more than 15 years.
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- 6:00-7:00 pm: Check-In, networking, and some great appetizers/snacks
- 7:00-8:30pm: Presentation, Q&A, and networking
DevLocal (new Fremont meeting location)
3601 Fremont Ave. N, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98103